FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
** Most Popular **
Two Days (12 Hours) - £150 per person
This course is our most popular and is suitable for anyone who wants a really detailed look into a wide range of mental health conditions within society, and how we can look for signs in our family, friends and colleagues. This is the ideal course for people who have to look after others health and wellbeing in the workplace.
We also look into the First Aid Action Plan in much more detail and how to implement a positive mental health culture in your organisation. We include several videos to assist in learning and have several discussions around difficult topics. We have included many exercises to really delve into our own mental health and how we have been affected by our past experiences.
It is suitable for:
- Anyone who needs to look out for others people's health
- Directors & Management
- Human Resources
- Individuals who need to support others at a supervisor level
- Anyone who wants a really in-depth view of their own and other's mental health
- Anyone who has family or friends with mental health conditions and would like to learn more about how to assist them
This course gives the knowledge to enable learners to:
- Recognise a wide range of mental health conditions.
We go in depth in each of them and cover the first aid action plan in detail.
- Begin a conversation with someone in need.
This could be work colleagues, employees, family, friends or strangers.
- Signpost to relevant help. We cover the most common signposting options
as well as discuss other places that people in need could go.
- Recognise and manage stress, including how stress relates to us and our team.
We look at how our past experiences have shaped how we view the world today.
- Understand the impact of substance abuse.
We use videos as a learning tool to see how addiction has affected the lives of people and how to see the signs
- Use the first aid action plan for mental health.
We practice using it in several scenarios to ensure that delegates are competent in many types of situation.
- Know how to create a positive and supportive mental health culture.
How to take what we've learnt back to the business and implement it.
- Learn much more about our own mental health and how past
experiences may have changed our own view on the world
- Know about the therapy and support available,
including that provided by professional healthcare providers
You will receive a mental health handbook prior to attending.
Following the course you will receive an official certificate accredited by the FAA and Ofqual.